53 Essential Marketing Resources for Creative FreelancersPosted on Sep 13, 2015 in Blog, Web Design Tools, Website related | 0 comments
This is a sort of miscellaneous list with all kinds of tips and tricks for creative freelancers, whether web designer or web developer, this stuff below is going to have some gems you can use to increase your work flow. As always with the lists that appear on this blog, these blog posts have been shared a lot on social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google+. Like this we know the content is valuable enough for others to share and thus valuable enough to look into. Like this you don’t waste your valuable time.
Below list contains marketing tips, tips for finding clients, freelance websites to find jobs, guerilla marketing tips (even though from 2010, some of these are awesome), and so on. If you have any suggestions for further lists, let us know and we will create new lists for you and your freelance business.
The Ultimate List of Essential Marketing Resources
- An Experienced Freelancer’s Guide to Finding Clients – When you decide to pursue freelance work, you might not have a clue how to actually find clients. But if you start with research and ask businesses what they look for in freelancers, as well as ask your peers for advice, your network will begin to grow and you’ll already know what clients are looking for.
- 49 affordable freelance marketing ideas – Unashamedly CreativeUnashamedly Creative – Looking for some freelance marketing ideas that are effective and affordable? Check out the Unashamedly Creative 49 ways to get bang for your freelance buck.
- The 15 Best Freelance Websites to Find Jobs – Need extra cash? Let these sites know you’re available — and hungry.
- A (Proven) Freelancer’s Guide to Growing Your Business | OkDork.com – Most freelancers start out their business like this: They get great at what they do. They build a website that talks about their expertise.
- 10 Simple Tips for Managing Freelancers – Be prepared to manage and hire freelancers for agency work with these 10 tips.
- How Freelancers Can Stay Organized – Business Insider – Freelancers have to deal with multiple bosses, extra personal finance responsibilities, and and working from home. Here’s how to balance it all.
- Fifteen graphic design interview tips — David Airey – The following interview advice for graphic designers was written by Lee Newham of Good People, former design director at London-based Davies Hall.
- 11 Freelance Job Listing Websites – Looking for freelance work in your area of expertise? Try one of these 11 websites offering freelance work opportunities.
- Strategies: 11 tips for freelance success – It takes tenacity, planning when you earn your living without a regular paycheck.
- 10 Things Every Freelancer Should Know – If you’re trying to get work as a freelancer, here are 10 things you should know about the current freelance market.
- Top 10 Tips and Tools for Freelancers – Freelancing isn’t something you should just jump into, but it makes sense for a good number of workers. If you’re looking into, or getting started with, working on your own, here are 10 resources we think every freelancer can learn from. If you’re an established freelancer, what apps, tools, or advice did you find truly helpful when starting out? If you’re still green at working for yourself, what do you need the most help with?
- Personal Branding Tips for Freelancers – Freelancers Union – When someone visits your website, sees your business card, or follows you on social media, they are perceiving a lot about you and your business beyond your name and what you literally say. This ephemeral, “intangible sum of a product’s attributes” is your brand. And whether you cultivate it or not, you have one — and it’s one of the most important factors in your success. It’s time to be intentional about your branding. So take a step back, deeply consider who you are and what you do, and follow this guide.
- 7 Tips on how to Boost Your Freelancing Visibility ~ Creative Market Blog – Buy and sell handcrafted, mousemade design content like vector patterns, icons, photoshop brushes, fonts and more at Creative Market.
- 4 Tips for Finding the Best Freelancers | Inc.com – If you need contract work to get your startup off the ground, follow these steps to find the most talented workers.
- 6 Important Tips to Getting More Design Projects – Hongkiat – Graphic designers and web designers were among the most hit with the receding economy.
- 6 Retirement Planning Tips for Freelancers | inspirationfeed.com – If you’re a freelancer, planning for retirement can be scary. There’s no one there to back you with a pension or a matching 401(k) plan.
- 25 Awesome Tips to Become a Successful Freelancer – Having worked as a freelancer on and off for over ten years, I’ve created this list of my best tips on how to succeed. Maybe you already use several of these or versions of them, great! Hopefully you will also find a tip or three that can help you to succeed in what you do!
- How to Find Clients and Market Your Freelance Business – The Ultimate Guide – Your Freelance Career – In this post I’ll share how to find your first client, how to turn completed work into referrals, marketing ideas, and more!
- 10 Tips for New Freelance Designers – The Nectar Collective – Looking to start a new freelance design career, but don’t know where to start? These 10 tips for new freelancers are exactly what you need to get going.
- Finance Tips for Freelancers – Yahoo Finance – From Yahoo Finance: No matter what you do to maintain your bank account, consider these three financial tools and ideas that I’ve found are indispensable to keeping your finances on track as a freelancer.
- 110 essential resources for creative freelancers and small business owners | Creative Boom – It’s here. Creative Boom’s recommended 110 essential resources for creative freelancers and entrepreneurs, because 100 wasn’t quite enough.
- Common Problems Faced By New Freelancers: Tips & Solutions – Hongkiat – We all react to new situations and scenarios differently, based on our backgrounds, ability to adapt, and numerous other factors that make up who we are.
- Three reasons EVERY business needs a marketing plan – Talented Ladies Club – Marketing expert Paula Hutchings explains why every freelancer or small business owner needs a good marketing plan – and how to create one for free.
- 30 Guerrilla Marketing tactics for freelancers | Guerrilla Freelancing – What better way to really kick off our restart of content posting than to give out 30 kick ass guerrilla marketing tactics that freelancers can use!
- Money Saving Tips Every Freelance Graphic Designer Should Know | Naldz Graphics – Most graphic designers are engaged in freelancing. Many people enjoy this type of job due to its advantages like being able to handle their own time.
- Marketing for Freelancers: 3 Tips to Find Clients for Web Design – Need to find clients for web design? You`ll like these 3 tips, gleaned from pro designer, Spence Forman. Simple tips to help you find and keep clients.
- Tips for Setting Rates as a Freelance Graphic Designer – Setting rates as a freelance graphic designer can be tricky, especially since, for some projects, it can be difficult to know how much time it will take.
- Tips for Neophyte Freelance Graphic Designers | Naldz Graphics – If you have decided to become a freelance graphic designer, then you just can’t dive in and start immediately without being prepared.
- The Freelancing Frenzy: Behind the Boom of Independent Workers – Future of Business and Tech – Best-selling author of “The Future of Work,” Jacob Morgan, shares his futurist thinking on what tomorrow’s workforce may look like.
- 10 guerrilla marketing tactics for designers | Guerrilla Freelancing – Guerrilla Marketing is a huge part of being a Guerrilla Freelancer. Guerrilla Marketing is also a great way for creative people to show just how creative they
- 22 Freelance Pricing Tips: What Should I Charge? – Every freelancer wants to know what to charge. There are no easy answers, but we’ve got 22 freelance pricing tips to help you figure it out.
- 5 Tips For Transitioning To Freelance Life – Work Market Blog – The world is going independent. How about you? Here are 5 recommendations you should consider when making the leap to freelance life.
- 5 Essential Tips For Freelancing | Budget and the Beach – Thinking of quitting your full time job to start freelancing? Then you must read my 5 Essential Tips for Freelancing before you take the leap.
- 4 Must-Read Marketing Tips for Freelancers – Small Business Bonfire – Emily shares marketing tips for freelancers who are time-crunched and not marketing as well as they could be. Do these tips apply to you?
- 5 Tips to Actively Market Your Freelance Business – Brent Galloway / Freelance Graphic Designer – If you’re ready to market yourself and grow as a freelancer, continue on and use these five tips to marketing your freelance business.
- Six Tips for Freelance Marketing – Startup Institute – Six tips for current and prospective freelancers, learned from freelance marketing in the Chicago startup scene.
- 6 effective low cost Marketing Tips for New Freelancers Out There – Simple marketing tips for new freelancers that doesn’t require any cost of implementation.
- The 16 Best Places to Find Freelancers Online | Grasshopper – Need a freelancer to help you out? We’ve compiled a list of the best websites for finding freelancers, complete with analysis.
- Time Management Tips for Frazzled Freelancers | Robert Half – As a freelancer, do you ever feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day? Check out these time management tips from an experienced independent creative pro.
- Tips for Freelancers | Club Thrifty – Since I make a living online, people are always asking me for tips for freelancers. Check out this post for best practices for getting freelance jobs.
- 3 tips for branding yourself better as a freelancer – You are your brand and your first order of business is to think of yourself as a product. Here’s how you can be branding yourself better as a freelancer.
- Marketing for freelancers and entrepreneurs – Marketing techniques for freelancers, entrepreneurs and startups to increase leads and sales
- Freelance Graphic Designers… Tips to get Started – Freelance Graphic Designers provides you with tips on succeeding in freelance graphic designing.
- 5 of the Best Ways for Freelancers to Find Great New Clients | Career Attraction – Looking to expand your freelance client list? We’ve got five of the best ways to find great new clients — and the resources to help you do it.
- 10 Best Cheat Sheets, Infographics, Resources for Freelancers – Check out our picks for the 10 best cheat sheets, infographics, and resources for freelancers of all time. Launching a freelance career? Start here.
- Self-employment: checklist – Citizens Advice – Information on self employment including setting up, employing other people and financial issues, further sources of help and advice are provided.
- 20+ Marketing Ideas for Freelancers: Real-Life Examples | Flaunt My Design – 18+ inspiring, real-life marketing ideas for freelancers actually tried & tested by small business web & graphic designers, illustrators, photographers etc.
- The Tricky Task of Discussing Freelancer Rates with Clients – Do you struggle to discuss your freelancer rates with clients? You’re not alone! Here are some ways you can change your mindset and talk about money easily.
- 5 Networking Tips for Freelancers At Events | TheSelfEmployed.com – A complete resource for the self-employed covering everything from startup ideas to taxes and money to marketing.
- Graphic Designers – Freelance Design Tips – This category talks about graphic designers. Tips deal with things such as programs that they use and how to deal with some of the difficult clients that they may encounter.
- The Absolute Best Freelance Marketing Tips We Found Online – Marketing your services is perhaps one of the most daunting prospects for a new freelance translator, and so in this post we?ll take a look at five great sources of information on the web that you can use to help with marketing your business.
- Five Tips to be a Productive Freelancer | La Petite Peach – Five Tips to be a Productive Freelancer. Being a present parent and a productive writer is the hard-but achievable balance I am striving for.
- 15 Guerrilla Marketing Tips For Freelancers – Marketing can be the one thing in your business that sets you apart from your competition, yet so many freelancers are either uneducated on ways to market themselves or are just a bit scared to think outside the box. Lucky for you, we’re doing all of the heavy thinking here today. Guerrilla marketing is a great way to showcase your freelance business to potential clients without using much cash, thus keeping your business costs low and your ability to pick up and move onto another idea seem almost seamless in transition. So here are 15 killer guerrilla marketing tactics you can start using today.
Disclosure: Some of the links on the posts and pages of this website are so called "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission with which we keep this website running.
Download FREE graphics NOW!
Join our mailing list and we will send you free graphics!